Painting 2nd (Belgian) Carabiniers Regiment
from Baccus in 6mm
A quick guide to how I painted my 6mm 2nd (Belgian) Carabinier
Regiment for Waterloo using Baccus Russian Cuirassiers (NRU7). Note that the Russian command strip contains a standard but I could find no informaion that one was carried by Dutch-Belgian cavalry at Waterloo - so I replaced this figure with a normal cavalry trooper.
1. Undercoat – Citadel Abaddon Black
Paint the undercoat in black and let dry completly.
2. Blue – Citadel Macragge Blue
Paint the jacket, shabraque and valise.
3. Brown – Citadel Doombull Brown
Paint the hair and carbine. It doesn’t matter if you paint the hair too wide and cover part of the helmet.
4. Flesh – Humbrol 61 Matt Flesh
Face. It doesn’t matter if you paint the face too wide and cover part of the helmet
5. Grey – Citadel Administratum Grey
7. Silver - Citadel Runefang Steel
Sword, Scabbard, Helmet.
8. Gold - Citadel Gehenna’s Gold
9. Black - Citadel Abaddon Black
Boots and helmet crest.
10. Red - Citadel Blood Red
Epaulettes. As the Russian Cuirassiers do not have epaulettes, these must be painted using your imagination.
12. Earth – Citadel Graveyard Earth
13. Matt Varnish
14. Special Notes
Officers have Silver epaulettes
The trumpeter had reversed colours (red jacket with blue facings), white epaulettes and a white crest on the helmet.