This time I decided that I didn't want a rokkit that looked like the GW original but that I was after something different; and a double-barrelled bazooka is certainly that.
I wanted an Ork that would be a very stable firing platform for a
shoulder held rokkit so I decided on a kneeling pose as so often
seen with bazookas.
How to do it...
- Cut the legs at the knees and remove the joint.
- Drill a hole in both parts of the leg and join with a piece of copper wire.
- Bend and shorten the copper wire to obtain the correct pose.
- Glue the wire in place.
- Build up the legs with Greenstuff (or Milliput) in layers step by step.
Don't try and build a whole leg in one go but let one layer dry before
applying the next.
- Sculpt the final layer with folds to represent trousers.
- Add the body.
- Use a slugga arm as the firing arm.
- Cut at the elbow and wrist.
- Replace the joints by copper wire as with the legs so as to bring the slugga nearer the shoulder.
- Add a shoulder pad to the arm.
- Use a drinking straw as the bazooka barrel.
- Fill the gaps in the arm with greenstuff.
- Glue the arm onto the body.
- Complete the bazooka by doing the following
- Add a second barrel
- Add glyphs to hold the barrels together - I chose metal glyphs from the Ork Mekboyz Vehicle Gubbinz Set.
- Add a handle (from the trukk sprue) to the top
- Add a blast shield made from plasticard
- Add a sight
- Add a shoota holder left arm.
- Add a head - I chose to use a metal Heavy Weapons Boy head.
- Make three rokkits - two to go in the barrels and one in his left hand.
- Cut a 1cm long piece from the plastic tube.
- Put a blob of green stuff in the end of the tube and shape it into a nose by rolling it between by thumb and fore-finger.
- Fill the tail end of the rokkit
- Add fins to the reload he will be holding - these were taken from the sprue that holds together 4 round slotta bases.
- Glue the rokkits in place